[Coral-List] The scientific community has lost an elder.

Phil Dustan dustanp at cofc.edu
Mon Jan 19 20:37:10 EST 2015

A friend just wrote to tell me of the passing of an old friend, colleague,
and spectacular scientist,  Andy A Benson; Papa Photosynthesis. I met Andy
when I was a post-doc at Scripps Institution of Oceanography in the late
1970's. "A square" was a wonderful friend who mixed a mean Margarita as
only a biochemist of his caliber could. His contribution to our
understanding of the pathway of carbon through photosynthesis will stand as
one of the most important fundamental contributions to plant physiology of
all time.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Benson

--
Phillip Dustan
Department of Biology

*"When one tugs at a single thing in nature *
*he finds it attached to the rest of the world."*
*   John Muir*