[Coral-List] Digitizing the Coral Reefs of Easter Island and Salas y Gómez -- 3 Days Left

James Herlan boro.stylee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 08:05:42 EST 2015

To the Coral List Community,

Three days and 14% to go.

Please take a look at my crowdfunding project on the experiment.com website
which is titled, *Digitizing the Coral Reefs of Easter Island and Salas y
Gómez*, http://bit.ly/EI_SG
<https://experiment.com/projects/digitizing-the-coral-reefs-of-easter-island-and-salas-y-gomez>
..

I will be traveling to Rapa Nui (Easter Island) this year to conduct
benthic and fish surveys at various locations that differ in wave exposure,
topographical complexity, and fishing pressure.

The main focus of my crowdfunding project is to raise money for two GoPro
Hero 4 (Black ed.) cameras that will be used to collect extensive benthic
reef imagery to create photomosiacs.

The results form my surveys and photomosaics will allow me to plan future
experiments that test patterns of benthic comepetition within the Easter
Island Ecoregion.

The purpose of this crowdfunding campaign is to advance the science of
coral reef ecology, which means I will not be earning a personal income
from this project.

Gracias por su interés y apoyo.

Saludos,
James J. Herlan

James J. Herlan
P.O. Box 37
St. John, USVI
00831-0037
www.unionave.net

Check out my crowdfunding project on experiment.com:
https://experiment.com/projects/digitizing-the-coral-reefs-of-easter-island-and-salas-y-gomez

James J. Herlan
Graduate Student Researcher

Millennium Nucleus for Ecology and

Sustainable Management of Oceanic Islands (ESMOI)

www.esmoi.cl

Universidad Católica del Norte

Departamento de Biología Marina

Doctorado en Biología y Ecología Aplicada

Larrondo 1281
Casilla 117
Coquimbo, Chile
www.dr-bea.cl/