[Coral-List] New paper in Science: "Contrasting futures for ocean and society from different anthropogenic CO2 emissions scenarios"

Mark Eakin - NOAA Federal mark.eakin at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 3 08:28:30 EDT 2015

For those interested in reading some of the stories on this article here
are a few:

Two from The Guardian:
A very nice summary by Dana Nuticelli
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2015/jul/02/new-study-warns-of-dangerous-climate-change-risks-to-the-earths-oceans
A good one from a press corp

or for those who might want it in French:
http://www.sciencesetavenir.fr/nature-environnement/20150702.AFP2886/coraux-poissons-un-rechauffement-de-2-c-des-oceans-limiterait-la-casse.html?xtor=RSS-25

or (Swiss) German:
http://naturschutz.ch/news/forschende-warnen-vor-negativen-folgen-der-co2-emissionen-fuer-die-ozeane/95303

or video from the BBC (not much on the paper but they did capture the
essence of the concerns):

or Germany:
http://www.radiobremen.de/fernsehen/buten_un_binnen/video76020-popup.html

Finally, the Oceans 2015 also put out a nice cartoon short on the major
issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiDyflOfpXc

Cheers,
Mark

e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov

NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction (NCWCP)
5830 University Research Ct., E/RA32
College Park, MD 20740
Office: (301) 683-3320     Fax: (301) 683-3301
Mobile: (301) 502-8608    SOCD Office: (301) 683-3300

"A world without coral reefs is unimaginable."
Dr. Jane Lubchenco, March 25 2010