[Coral-List] American Elasmobranch Society announces new initiative to promote diversity in marine science

David Shiffman david.shiffman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:23:46 EDT 2015

At our annual conference this morning, the American Elasmobranch Society
announced a new initiative to increase diversity in marine science.

The new Young Professional Recruitment Fund will cover the costs of one
year of membership for students, postdocs, and early career professionals
from developing countries and from historically underrepresented minority
groups. It will also provide these scientists with specialized professional
development training, mentorship, and networking.

Please help us to spread the word to any marine scientists who would
qualify for this new program.

A link with more information can be found here:

http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=18647

Sincerely,

--

*David Shiffman*