[Coral-List] Climate Change

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 21:34:49 EDT 2015

Ulf,
   I find it interesting that you raised two questions:  "Is it true?, and,
Is it relevant?"  and answered neither.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 3:33 AM, Ulf Erlingsson <ceo at lindorm.com> wrote:

> Ya'll are fighting over the Pope's beard.
>
> The debate is over whether the climate is changing due to human impact, or
> not. This has two aspects: Is it true?, and, Is it relevant?
>
> Svante Arrhenius welcomed the greenhouse effect as a possible savior of
> civilization from the Ice Age that was about to start back then, it seemed.
>
> Climate has always changed through natural reasons, and it has changed
> rapidly at times. So has sea level. The predicted changes now are not any
> more "catastrophic" than what has happened in the past, and basically all
> it does is to move around the climate zones over the planet. And still we
> don't know why the next Ice Age will come, but we do know that huge
> agricultural areas will become useless. The carrying capacity of the planet
> will probably drop a lot, since the soils exposed through sea level drop
> cannot replace those lost in the Midwest and the black soils in Ukraine,
> when the climate gets too cold. Fortunately it's a slow process.
>
> Those who are worried about biodiversity maybe should look more at the
> Nicaragua Canal, the largest earth work project in history with a 1.5 year
> EIA study that still carries a "SECRET" stamp.
>
> Ulf Erlingsson

Douglas Fenner
Contractor with Ocean Associates, Inc.
PO Box 7390
Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799  USA

phone 1 684 622-7084

"belief in climate change is optional, participation is not."

Much-touted global warming pause never happened.

http://news.sciencemag.org/climate/2015/06/much-touted-global-warming-pause-never-happened

Has global warming taken a rest?  Not so fast, study suggests.  (check out
the graph)

http://www.livescience.com/51094-no-global-warming-hiatus-found.html

Climate change deniers love to talk about a recent "pause" in global
warming.  A new study says it didn't happen.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/558971/climate-change-deniers-love-talk-about-recent-pause-global-warming-new-study-says-didnt-happen

website:  http://independent.academia.edu/DouglasFenner

blog: http://ocean.si.edu/blog/reefs-american-samoa-story-hope