[Coral-List] New paper about morphology and modularity in Pocillopora corals

David Arturo Paz Garcia david6biom at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 6 00:30:31 EST 2015

Dear coral-listers,I would like to draw your attention to a new publication about morphological differences in Pocillopora corals type 1. Our results indicate that Pocillopora type 1 morphospecies (species described originally by morphology) corresponded to a pattern of morphological variation promoted by different levels of modularity of branch traits (i.e. the tendency of different sets of branch traits to vary in a coordinated way) and water flow condition. Morphology under the high-flow condition was more similar among morphospecies than under the low-flow condition and seemed to be related to mechanisms for coping with these conditions. Reference Paz-Garcia et al. 2015. Morphological variation and different branch modularity across contrasting flow conditions in dominant Pocillopora reef-building corals. Oecologia.http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00442-014-3199-9#page-1
https://www.academia.edu/9999820/Morphological_variation_and_different_branch_modularity_across_contrasting_flow_conditions_in_dominant_Pocillopora_reef-building_corals

Best Regards,
David A. Paz-García
Laboratorio de Genética para la Conservación,Laboratorio de Necton y Ecología de Arrecifes,Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas del NoroesteInstituto Politécnico Nacional 195, Col. Playa Palo de Santa Rita Sur, La Paz, Baja California Sur 23096, México.E-mail: dpaz at cibnor.mx, david6biom at hotmail.com
Publicationshttp://cibnor.academia.edu/DavidPazGarcía/Papers