[Coral-List] Methods in Ecological Genomic Analysis workshops (MEGA2015)

Mikhail Matz matz at utexas.edu
Wed Mar 25 18:34:44 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues -

We still have one seat left in each of the two workshops (2b-RAD and RNA-seq), so please let us know if you would like to take either or both.

Briefly, we will be teaching RAD and RNA-seq in the first two weeks of July. As in previous years of running this workshop series, the idea is to introduce the genomically uninitiated grad students, postdocs, and faculty to the wet and dry lab techniques, and also perform some scientifically useful project that would lead to a publication with workshop participants as co-authors. Our previous workshops thus far resulted in two papers:
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0026914#pone-0026914-g005
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1755-0998.12218/full

More details and how to apply:
http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab/matzlab/MEGA2014.html

Workshop's short flyer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkoitio10wwrozz/mega2015%20flyer%20v2.pdf?dl=0

cheers

--------
Mikhail V. Matz
Associate Professor
University of Texas at Austin
Department of Integrative Biology
205 W 24th ST C0990
Austin, Texas 78712
phone 512-992-8086 cell, 512-475-6424 lab
fax 512-471-3878

Lab’s website:  http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab
Google scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=VB83XasAAAAJ&hl=en
ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mikhail_Matz