[Coral-List] #GlobalBehaviourChange / #GlobalBehaviorChange

Fundación ICRI Colombia en Pro de los Arrecifes Coralinos icri.colombia at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 10:59:49 EST 2015

Dear Steve,

Thanks for your responses. Our Foundation values and engages the scuba
divers within RENOVO the International Reef Network of Volunteer
Observers. We provide them with environmental education. We do get
daily reports (emails, photos and videos) many from experienced divers
who help us to educate the tourists by indicating that the condition
of the coral reef that they see now, has changed due to the local and
global factors in the past decades and it is up to all of us to
protect what is left on the still beautiful coral reefs.

The experienced divers are very good guides for the young divers, who
are just starting to visit the coral reefs that have not seen the
reefs of the 80´s and for them the coral reefs are perfect! Low coral
cover, some diseases signs on the colonies, and high in algae cover,
less native species, more invasive species... make their day, in some
dive sites at different regions of the world. The young divers may
like to find new places where to dive even if they do not have buoys
where to moor the boats after all what anchors are for? They also
welcome the artificial reefs so they can have more adventures, not
matter what the reefs are made of... or how stable they may be… or if
they harm the natural coral reefs?

It was great to receive your call to action towards the scientific community.

Nohora Galvis

RENOVO Coordinator
Foundation ICRI Colombia in Pro of Coral Reefs
Follow us at:
https://twitter.com/ArrecifesCoral (Español)
https://twitter.com/ICRIcolombia (Inglés)
https://www.facebook.com/ICRI.COLOMBIA