[Coral-List] Position Teaching Marine & Environmental Science, Marshall Islands

Karl B Fellenius karl at fellenius.net
Fri Nov 20 21:12:41 EST 2015

Coral Listers,

There is an opening from Jan 2016 onwards for an Instructor in Marine and Environmental Sciences in Majuro at the College of the Marshall Islands. Please direct queries to the College, not to me.

https://jobs-cmi.peopleadmin.com/postings/172

I work in a partnership with the College through University of Hawaii Sea Grant. So I can elaborate on the position for those that are considering it. The salary is supplemented with paid housing and moving allowances. Summer semester is off, unless you want to teach summer classes for extra pay. Your labs are mostly in the field, with plenty of opportunity to take your students snorkeling. There is also opportunity to participate in the national coral reef monitoring program (NOAA/MCT), carry out your own research, and/or engage in community outreach and management through the national coastal management advisory council.

--
Karl Fellenius, MRM
RMI Coastal Management Extension Agent

University of Hawai'i Sea Grant

RMI Homeowner’s Handbook To Prepare For Natural Hazards

RMI PacIOOS Liaison

Pacific Islands Ocean Observing System

6 Day Inundation & High Sea Level Forecast for Majuro

6 Day Inundation & High Sea Level Forecast for Kwajalein

karl.fellenius at hawaii.edu

karl at fellenius.net

off  (692) 625-3392
cell (692) 455-5552