[Coral-List] Science and Public Communication

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 8 13:45:28 EDT 2015

Dear Coral Listers,
I just wanted to draw your attention to an article that appeared in the Washington Post today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/10/08/scientists-say-a-dramatic-worldwide-coral-bleaching-event-is-now-underway/

This is exactly the type of communication that we need in order to educate the general public regarding the severity of the threats coral reefs are currently encountering world wide. Mark Eakin, Nancy Knowlton, Ove Hoegh-Guldberg, Richard Vevers and Alice Lawrence deserve praise for this effort. Please keep the pressure on and who knows, one day we might even be able to muster the broad-based political will needed to effectively take on both local and global stressors.

Regards,
Steve Mussman
Sea Lab Diving