[Coral-List] Bleaching in Florida Keys

Eugene Shinn eugeneshinn at mail.usf.edu
Fri Oct 9 13:08:27 EDT 2015

      I have been following the developing bleaching events unfolding in
the Florida Keys. When I was in the keys for the month of July water was
warm but I observed no bleaching. Nedimyer’s transplanted /Acropora
cervicornis/ at Carysfort was doing just fine at that time. Now we are
hearing about bleaching in the media, and from NOAA.Does anyone have
underwater thermograph data that provides water temperature data for the
keys reef areas for July through August and September? Gene

--

No Rocks, No Water, No Ecosystem (EAS)
E. A. Shinn, Courtesy Professor