[Coral-List] Some Current Coral Bleaching Research: AOML and its Partners

Jim Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 16 13:34:27 EDT 2015

Greetings,

    Coral-Listers and others interested in further research associated
with the current bleaching event may want to review a story we at
NOAA/AOML just posted on-line:

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/keynotes/keynotes_1015_coralbleachingresearch.html<http://go.usa.gov/3SC2Y>

    We have several scientists conducting studies to improve bleaching
prediction to inform management strategies.  This work began before the
current bleaching event, during the event, and will be performed in
follow-up observations to determine net effects to the coral reef
ecosystem in these areas.

    The research is a multi-institutional effort conducted by NOAA, the
University of Miami’s Cooperative Institute for Marine & Atmospheric
Studies, the Central Caribbean Marine Institute's Little Cayman Research
Centre, Nova Southeastern University’s National Coral Reef Institute,
the University of Wisconsin, and the Smithsonian Institution.

    For further information you may wish to contact Erica Rule at AOML.

    Cheers,
    Jim