[Coral-List] Use of iDive housing / iPad for underwater data collection

Michael Newkirk michaeljnewkirk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 18:07:37 EDT 2015

Hi Dominique,

It looks like you'll need it with the 37 "newly documented" species in the
Puget Sound, Straight of Juan de Fuca, and the Straight of Georgia:
http://www.cheknews.ca/wild-discoveries-reveal-37-new-species-in-salish-sea-119347/

I don't have any direct experience with this particular tech, but try
contacting Coral Reef Ecology Lab. They've posted a video on Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/79384048. I see that you have a 250 number. If you're on
Vancouver Island, try phoning Nanaimo Dive Outfitters. They're a friendly
bunch, and I buy gear from them. Perhaps they have had some experience with
the iDive housing.

Kind regards,

Michael Newkirk.
Academic Research Editor