[Coral-List] Inadequate emissions pledges for Paris COP21

Steve Palumbi spalumbi at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 21 13:43:25 EDT 2015

Peter et al. I agree that this is an important point to make. The current set of commitments are a decent down payment on future emissions control but will simply not do the job. The California plan - 80% reduction from the yr 1990 levels - is much more likely to allow the planet to recover from CO2 addiction.

Stephen R. Palumbi
Harold A Miller Director, Hopkins Marine Station
Jane and Marshall Steel Professor of Biology
Stanford University