[Coral-List] crowdfunding coral genomics

Mikhail Matz matz at utexas.edu
Mon Oct 26 18:54:56 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues -

My lab has just launched a crowdfunding coral genomics project to find out how rapidly can corals adapt to climate change ( http://bit.ly/1VUDwuz ).  I would tremendously appreciate if you could pass the word around.

Please note that we are committed to immediately releasing all the genomics data from this project for unrestricted use to the research community. Basically, I will post the links to the data on coral-list as soon as it is off the assembly pipeline.

Below the signature are suggested blurbs for twitter and facebook posts. Many thanks in advance!

Misha
--------
Mikhail V. Matz
Associate Professor
University of Texas at Austin
Department of Integrative Biology
web http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab
---------

Twitter:
Can corals adapt to climate change? You can help to find out.  http://bit.ly/1VUDwuz @MikhailMatz #ReefGenomics

Facebook:
Can corals adapt to climate change? This is one of the most critical unknowns in reef conservation planning, very difficult to assess experimentally because of the timescales involved. @MikhailMatz team at University of Texas at Austin proposes an original solution: http://bit.ly/1VUDwuz. Using state-of-the-art genomic approaches, they will reconstruct rises and falls of Caribbean reefs in response to past climate changes over the last 100,000 years. This project is crowdfunded, so you can help this research directly. #ReefGenomics