[Coral-List] Postdoctoral Scientist Position at Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences
eric.hochberg at bios.edu
Wed Oct 28 20:34:08 EDT 2015
BIOS seeks a postdoctoral candidate to conduct research in remote
sensing of coral reef ecology and biogeochemistry. This position is part
of a multi-institution, interdisciplinary investigation to study the
relationship between coral reef condition and environmental forcing
parameters at the ecosystem scale. Full-time residency in Bermuda is
required for the successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct research in remote sensing of coral reef ecology and
• Computer modeling, laboratory experiments, and field expeditions to
select Atlantic and Pacific reef sites
• This position will additionally involve publication, proposal
writing, and supervision of undergraduate interns
• Ph.D in oceanography, marine biology or closely related discipline
from an accredited institution
• Cross-disciplinary background in oceanography, coral reel science
and remote sensing, especially imaging spectroscopy
• Experience modeling radiative transfer and conducting in-water
optical measurements is a plus.
• Advanced SCUBA diving certification, including present or past
(within five years) AAUS
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English are a must.
Interested candidates should email their applications including a cover
letter, resume/CV and three references to:
HR Manager, Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS)
17 Biological Station, St. George’s GE01, Bermuda
Email: HR at bios.edu
Closing Date: 23 November 2015
BIOS is an equal opportunity employer and operates a drug-free workplace
and learning environment.
The Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences is an independent U.S. not-for-profit marine research and educational organization with 501(c)(3) status and a Bermuda Registered Charity (#116).
Visit us in Bermuda or at www.bios.edu
More information about the Coral-List