[Coral-List] Reef restoration funding sources

Melanie Webster melanie at projectlautan.org
Mon Sep 7 12:26:43 EDT 2015

Dear coral enthusiasts,

I’m hoping some of you may be able to offer advice to myself and team who are starting a volunteer funded marine conservation, community and science project in Indonesia. The primary focus of the project is coral reef restoration and protection (the site has been heavily damaged by bomb fishing) as well as coral reef oriented research and community initiatives. The way the project is designed means we can run a continuously funded set of programs, paid for by volunteers (and supplemented by various sources). However in order to get this project off the ground we need to raise start-up capital for essential infrastructure and equipment. We’re attacking various avenues to raise this capital, and I thought it a good idea at this time to reach out to coral list subscribers to see if anybody has any advice or contacts which may be useful.

If you’re interested I invite you to take a look at our website (almost complete!) www.projectlautan.org <http://www.projectlautan.org/>  and/or our Facebook page facebook.com/projectla <http://facebook.com/projectla>utan <http://facebook.com/projectlautan>

Hope to hear your ideas, thank you for your time!

Best Regards,

Melanie

Melanie Webster | Co-Founder
www.projectlautan.org <http://www.projectlautan.org/>