[Coral-List] in response to " Coral killing continues in Florida"

Rachel Silverstein rachel at miamiwaterkeeper.org
Fri Sep 11 18:27:44 EDT 2015

Dear Gene,

dives in the area, I'd like to make available to this community the
various, independent government reports that verify severity of the
dredging-related sediment impacts to corals in the area. I encourage all of
you to take a look for yourselves, and also to note the condition of the
hardbottom habitat in the background of the photos.

NOAA
NOAA letter to Corps May 2015
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8qaz1mqn2tm51v/NOAA%20letter%20to%20Corps%20May%2014%202015%20.pdf?dl=0>

NOAA October 2014
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrh3y845tuqq8yg/FINAL_NOAA_POM_AcroporaRelocationReport_13Feb2015%20%281%29%20%281%29.docx?dl=0>
NOAA May 2015
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mugfpix677sahv/NOAA%20Field%20Observations%20May%2019%202015.pdf?dl=0>

DERM
DERM July 2014
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/9buyvp8lqx0gefr/DERM%20July%202014%20Inspection%20Report%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0>
DERM July 2015
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/utpue6x07cpfh0l/DERM_POM_ReefSpotCK_072115_FINAL..pdf?dl=0>

DEP
DEP July 2014
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e3ei0boa0ar0hk/DEP%20Report%20Field%20notes%20on%20impact%20assessment1_8.18.14%20FINAL.pdf?dl=0>
DEP Feb 2015
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6mm0q7hg90udo8/Report%20Sites%20Visit%20Port%20of%20Miami%2003.23.2015.pdf?dl=0>

I have many more reports that show my own observations of the impacts as
well, and am happy to share those with anyone interested. Like most of
these government agencies, we don’t yet have funding to do routine
monitoring, but nevertheless were able to visit the sites on multiple
occasions.

Best,

--
Rachel Silverstein, Ph.D.