[Coral-List] Responding to Coral Bleaching

Jeremy Raynor jmraynor at eckerd.edu
Fri Sep 18 15:40:53 EDT 2015

Austin,

I am simply responding to say I highly support this thread and your
outlined approach. I am glad you brought up the topic of "what can we do to
mitigate bleaching". I am looking forward to seeing some sort of
collaboration with other scientists, non-profit or local government
organizations to establish some standardized approach for COTS removal, and
for the scientific comparison of treatment and control groups.

Furthermore I want to champion your point which is: Every bleach-event
surviving coral head is a TREASURE, and must be treated as such. Even a
disparate reef with a few survivors is a gold mine for genetic resources
and must be genotyped, fragmented and cloned at in situ restoration sites.

Keep it up!

Best Regards,
Jeremy

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Austin Bowden-Kerby <abowdenkerby at gmail.com