[Coral-List] Responding to Coral Bleaching (Austin Bowden-Kerby)

Karen Weynberg K.Weynberg at aims.gov.au
Fri Sep 18 19:03:56 EDT 2015

Dear Coral List,
I am actively seeking funds to research the viruses that target COTS.
Please see the link below to a short video to explain my research idea:
https://www.thinkable.org/submission/3086

After all the funding that has been invested into COTS research in recent decades, I am flabbergasted that we still no nothing about their microbiome or the viruses that infect them!
I am not suggesting we crop dust reefs with viruses - far from it - but if we are to look at efficient and effective methods at COTS removal, surely this is one area we should at least become more informed about?
Thanks for your time in reading this post -
Karen

Dr Karen Weynberg
Australian Institute of Marine Science
PMB No. 3, Townsville MC
Queensland 4810, Australia

Tel.: +61 7 4753 4325
Fax: +61 7 4772 5852
E-mail: k.weynberg at aims.gov.au<mailto:k.weynberg at aims.gov.au>
Website: www.aims.gov.au<http://www.aims.gov.au/>

The information contained within this transmission is for the
use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged material and/or material the subject
of copyright and/or personal information and/or sensitive
information that is subject to the Privacy Act 1988. Any review,
re-transmission, disclosure, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
notify the AIMS Privacy Officer on (07) 4753 4444 and delete
all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.