[Coral-List] suctioning off black band disease

Greta Aeby greta at hawaii.edu
Mon Sep 28 12:21:57 EDT 2015

Deb,

  Thanks for letting us know.  Citations:

Hudson H. 2000.  First aid for massive corals infected with black band
disease: an underwater aspirator and
post-treatment sealant to curtail re-infection. Diving Sci 21st Century.

Aeby, GS, Work, TM, Runyon, CM, Shore-Maggio, A, Ushijima, B, Videau, P,
Beurmann, S and SM Callahan.  2015.  First record of black band disease in
the Hawaiian
archipelago: response, outbreak status, virulence, and a method of
treatment. PLoS ONE 10(3): e0120853. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0120853.

aloha,

greta

Greta S. Aeby, PhD
assistant researcher