[Coral-List] Scientific Papers: Aspects of the physiology and metabolism of zooxanthellae and their response to heat stress

SIVIWE ELVIS siviweelvis at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 03:46:03 EDT 2016

Good Day

I must acknowledge and confirm I keep receiving the information you sending to us and indeed, I am learning as I am still new in this field. However if you can, please kind email scientific articles you coming across with on the topic in the subject line.

Despite considerable research effort in South Africa, there is still a large gap in the knowledge and understanding of the mechanisms underlying coral bleaching and different levels of heat tolerance and resistance among corals and zooxanthellae at a cellular, molecular and genetic levels.

Hence I am proposing to run a study in south Africa that will share the understanding and observations acquired particularly on the mechanisms that zooxanthellae use to respond and adapt to thermal heat stress and changing environmental conditions (in this case, changing temperature and light intensity).

Thank you

Siviwe