[Coral-List] The economic valuation for natural resources damage

Mahmoud Sarhan mahmoud.srhan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 13:23:05 EDT 2016

Dear all

I work with a team to establish systematic procedures for the economic
valuation and monetary calculation to support the natural resources damage
assessment (NRDA) process in Egypt in order to help officials and staff in
Ministry of Environment to deal with natural resources injuries and
calculate the monetary value of compensations owed. We will focus on marine
environment injuries especially oil spill and ship grounding on coral
reefs. We are currently reviewing the international practice in the
economic valuation for NRDA.

I highly appreciate sharing with us any experiences, case studies and
resources related to this topic. I would definitely welcome any possible
in-depth discussion in this interesting topic over phone or Skype.

Many thanks

Mahmoud Sarhan *MSc, MPS*

Research Associate

Center for Sustainable Global Enterprise

Cornell University

Virus-free.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>