[Coral-List] Open PhD scholarship on marine reserve design (Australian Residents & New Zealanders)

Peter Mumby p.j.mumby at uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 4 19:27:17 EDT 2016

Hi folks

Apologies for any cross-postings but the University of Queensland has just offered to support a full PhD scholarship to join a collaborative project in Indonesia on marine reserve network design. The scope is pretty flexible and could take either a natural sciences (e.g., fisheries) or social sciences perspective. Partners on the project include WWF US, WWF Indonesia, Wildlife Conservation Society, and the universities of California (Davis) and Rutgers.

The deadline is very short unfortunately and please apply through the website if interested (https://graduate-school.uq.edu.au/project-scholarships view the project under biological sciences). I'm happy to answer any questions. The deadline is 21st of August with a view to starting later this year. I wish the University gave me more notice but this is a new scheme (albeit a good opportunity). The student will fall join the ARC Centre of Excellence in Coral Reef Studies, which offers a number of training and networking benefits.

Best wishes

Peter

Professor Peter J Mumby
Marine Spatial Ecology Lab