[Coral-List] Message from the reefs of Bali

Phil Dustan dustanp at cofc.edu
Fri Aug 12 22:33:18 EDT 2016

Dear Coral Listers,
   I want to share a message with you from the reefs of NW Bali about
climate change 2015 to 2016. The video documents the greatest annual
ecological change I have witnessed in my career including the reefs of
Discovery Bay, Jamaica and the Florida Keys (http://biospherefoundation.
org/project/coral-reef-change/).
   Rather than losing all hope though, Liv Wheeler and I feel that the
message may help inspire us all to renew our efforts to dig deeper, work
harder, and become more committed to dealing with the change that's coming
down the pike with humanity clearly in its sights.  The eight minute video
may be viewed on youtube at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxOfLTnPSUo

 Riwin, a Balinese musician and healer contributed the music. He commented
on the first song, "Para dewa song...something inside that song,mantra old
javanese...i got/record from somebody was in trance at my holy
room.....then when some people come to my house to listen my music....and
they got trance....hope very good for ur video....Riwin"

Please fell free to share with anyone you know who still thinks climate
change is a hoax or figment of our collective scientific imaginations.

  Thanks,
Phil Dustan and Liv Wheeler

--
Phillip Dustan
Department of Biology

"When we try to pick out anything by itself
we find that it is bound fast by a thousand invisible cords
that cannot be broken, to everything in the universe. "
*                                         John Muir 1869*