[Coral-List] getting science to the public clearly and unambiguously is difficult

Elizabeth Sherman sherman at bennington.edu
Tue Aug 23 19:30:51 EDT 2016

The issue of public mistrust and ignorance of science has plagued this
country for so long, at such great cost. A few years ago I wrote an article
for the general public called: "Science and anti-science in America: Why it
matters." In all my years of teaching, talking and listening, and writing,
I always think I am preaching to the choir. I wonder if I have ever
persuaded anyone who wasn't already predisposed to accept science.

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/science_and_antiscience_in_america_emwhy_it_matters_em

Betsy Sherman
Bennington College

Elizabeth Sherman, Ph.D.