[Coral-List] Measuring damselfish on SCUBA?

Malin Pinsky malin.pinsky at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 23:28:30 EST 2016

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has a reasonably accurate technique for measuring
damselfish fork length while on SCUBA. This would be for individual fish
that we have caught and are holding in a net.

Previously, we've been using a pair of calipers, but trying to hold the
fish straight by hand has proven pretty imprecise (+/- a cm or so for 5-12
cm fish).

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions or ideas.

Regards,
Malin

--
Malin Pinsky