[Coral-List] Protect Our Reefs Grants-RFP 2017

David Vaughan dvaughan at mote.org
Fri Dec 16 15:35:13 EST 2016

It is my pleasure to again announce the Request For Proposals (RFP) for
the next year of the Protect Our Reefs (POR),Grant Program.

Grant Link: http://www.MOTE.org/4reef

Funding Source: Mote Marine Lab-Protect Our Reef License Plate funds
from sales from 2016.

The primary focus of the 2017 POR grant program will be on Coral Reef
Restoration projects that significantly enhance the capabilities of
coral reef ecosystem resource managers to more effectively utilize
science-based information in promoting and implementing the restoration
and long-term sustainable use of these ecosystems in an increasingly
high temperature and more acidic marine environment.

Who can Apply?:  Eligible organizations based in Florida engaged in reef
research, education and/or conservation.

Grant Amounts: Ten start-up grants for up to $10,000 each and a few
higher funded grants up to $25,000 are anticipated.

Proposals Due: March 1, 2017

For more information go to www.MOTE.org/4reef and upload the 2016
Request For Proposals and the 2016 Instructions for the 2017 grants.

Dave Vaughan
Protect Our Reefs Grants Program
Mote Marine Lab
Florida Keys, USA