[Coral-List] Amazing coral cover!

Pawlik, Joseph pawlikj at uncw.edu
Mon Feb 1 08:28:37 EST 2016

Greetings, coral-listers,

I've just posted a video dive survey of Cordelia Banks, just off the south coast of Roatan, Honduras:
https://youtu.be/FHcUmUry8Vk

This site has amazing coral cover for a contemporary Caribbean reef - anyone know of other Caribbean sites that still look like this?
More surprising is that this site is just a few km from Coxen Hole, the largest town on Roatan, just off the coast of the airport, and very close to the transit channel for the harbor and cruise ship port.

For those of you studying coral resiliency, I would think this site would be worth sampling.

Enjoy the video,

Joe

Joseph R. Pawlik, Professor,
Dept. of Biology and Marine Biology
UNCW Center for Marine Science
5600 Marvin K Moss Lane
Wilmington, NC  28409
Office:(910)962-2377; Cell:(910)232-3579
Website: http://people.uncw.edu/pawlikj/index.html
PDFs: http://people.uncw.edu/pawlikj/pubs2.html
Video Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/skndiver011