[Coral-List] Increasing alkalinity on a reef increases calcification

Peter Sale sale at uwindsor.ca
Thu Feb 25 16:41:19 EST 2016

Doug,
Thanks for these two links.  However, I thought that the idea that calcification rates have already been depressed from preindustrial levels was already established, at least for the GBR, by the work of De'ath et al (the 2009 Science article) and Silverman et al 2014 in Geochimica and Cosmochimica Acta: http://journals1.scholarsportal.info/pdf/00167037/v144icomplete/72_cciligbra3p.xml

In other words, your links provide further support, rather than establishing something new - or did I completely miss your point (certainly possible)?

Peter Sale

web:                      www.petersalebooks.com<http://www.petersalebooks.com/>
Twitter:                @PeterSale3