[Coral-List] PhD opportunities

Graham, Nick nick.graham at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Jan 21 08:32:54 EST 2016

Dear coral-list,

I wanted to bring two fully funded PhD opportunities to your attention, to join our growing group here at the Lancaster Environment Centre, UK.

The first one will investigate if feedbacks on degraded coral reefs can be broken to reinstate natural recovery processes. The project will be supervised by myself and Jos Barlow at Lancaster, with co-funding and supervision from Magnus Nystrom at the Stockholm Resilience Centre. Full details, and how to apply can be found here: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sci-tech/downloads/phd_254.pdf

The second one will investigate how the ecosystem services concept has re-shaped values, with likely a focus on coral reef / small scale fisheries or tropical forests. The project will be supervised by Christina Hicks, Jacob Phelps, and Claire Waterton (from the department of Sociology). Full details, and how to apply can be found here: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sci-tech/downloads/phd_257.pdf

Deadline for applications is 14th February.

Best wishes,

Nick Graham

Professor Nick Graham

Royal Society University Research Fellow
Lancaster Environment Centre
Lancaster University
LA1 4YW, UK

Tel: +44 (0)1524 595054
nick.graham at lancaster.ac.uk
Twitter: @naj_graham<https://twitter.com/naj_graham>
Webpage<http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lec/about-us/people/nick-graham> | Publications<https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=nTILkOoAAAAJ&hl=en> | Adjunct Prof @ JCU<http://www.coralcoe.org.au/researchers/nick-graham>