[Coral-List] ReefBudget coral and CCA calcification data updates

Chris Perry chris.t.perry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 03:59:06 EDT 2016

Dear all
Following the ICRS meeting and discussions with various people at that
meeting about census-based budget methodologies it reminded me it was high
time I tried to get on with some updating of the spreadsheets that our
ReefBudget methodology uses (a job that has kept sinking down the to-do
list for a number of months).

So this is a call for two things.

1. For any datasets on coral or CCA extension rates/skeletal density
values/calcification rates that have been published or sit in the grey
literature that we have not yet picked up (there are probably lots!) and
which people would be happy to see us add to the spreadsheets. These are
currently differentiated as simply Caribbean and Indo-Pacific under the
supporting dataset tabs at http://geography.exeter.ac.uk/reefbudget/.

It might be easier if these are sent in spreadsheet form but copies of
relevant papers/tables of data are also welcome, with relevant citation
info.

Please send these to *c.perry at exeter.ac.uk <c.perry at exeter.ac.uk>*

2. I would also be interested to hear of any on-going applications of the
method for surveying/monitoring etc.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Perry
Geography, University of Exeter
Tel: 01334 873334
www.exeter.ac.uk
Geography, Amory Building, University of Exeter , Exeter, EX4 4RJ