[Coral-List] Coral farms for aquaria planting coral back onto reefs?

Damien Beri beridl at g.cofc.edu
Tue Jul 12 11:32:51 EDT 2016

Dear coral list members,

I am trying to find information on coral farms, anywhere in the world, which re-plant corals back onto reefs after they have been grown on the farm.  I would like to figure out how to get in contact with them, or the people in charge of replanting these coral back onto reefs.  Any leads are helpful as this is proving to be a difficult task given the remote locations of these farms and the control that US based coral exporters have over them.  Most wholesale coral distributors will not give me access to speak with the farms that they are supplied by because they fear something.

My goal is help accelerate the coral transplanting/repopulating process through funding provided by the live aquaria trade and general public. And as a secondary effect provide new jobs to the locals which work on these farms, to help aid the diminishment of reef degradation through harmful harvesting practices.

Thank you for your time,

Damien Beri