[Coral-List] Tenured coral reef scientist position

Graham, Nick nick.graham at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 08:36:51 EDT 2016

Dear coral-listers,

A final reminder regarding the Lecturer / Senior Lecturer position focussed on coral reefs, here in Lancaster - https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=A1586. The candidate should be quite quantitative, but the type of quantitative skills is flexible, and what is key is someone with a strong or growing research portfolio. It will be a permanent post, with a mixed teaching and research load. This is equivalent to an assistant / associate professor position in the US system, but is tenured from the outset.

The Lancaster Environment Centre (http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lec/) is a multidisciplinary department encompassing biologists, geographers and environmental social scientists. We have a lot of strength in tropical forest research, with quite a focus on the Amazon. We are now building the tropical reef side, with myself and Christina Hicks joining last year.

If you have any specific queries, please feel free to drop me a line. Feel free to pass this on to your networks or to specific colleagues who may fit the position.

Many thanks,

Nick

Professor Nick Graham

Royal Society University Research Fellow
Lancaster Environment Centre
Lancaster University
LA1 4YW, UK

Tel: +44 (0)1524 595054
nick.graham at lancaster.ac.uk
Twitter: @naj_graham<https://twitter.com/naj_graham>
Webpage<http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lec/about-us/people/nick-graham> | Publications<https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=nTILkOoAAAAJ&hl=en> | Adjunct Prof @ JCU<http://www.coralcoe.org.au/researchers/nick-graham>