[Coral-List] NEED ADVICE!! - ACTIVE MORTALITY EVENT AT FLOWER GARDENS!

Rebecca Vega Thurber rvegathurber at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:33:38 EDT 2016

This sounds like a hypoxic event because it is affecting so many species
and different taxa. Those white bacteria are likely Beggiatoa mays that
grow in low oxygen conditions. Perhaps this is the result of water
stratification (hence low oxygen at depth) from the high temps. It is
unlikely the bacteria are the cause of the die off more of a downstream
effect from the prevailing conditions. -Becky