[Coral-List] Reef Relief Employment Opportunities
reefrelief at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 16:03:02 EDT 2016
Reef Relief is currently accepting applications for *two *vacant positions
in Key West, FL starting September 2016.
*Applications accepted through June 2016*
*Position start date: September 2016*
The Education Coordinator is a full time, paid position.
This position is responsible for implementing Reef Relief’s educational
programs such as:
- Discover Coral Reefs School Program: Administering lessons to students
of all ages throughout the Florida Keys including in class presentations
and field trips
- Reef Relief's Coral Adventure: Coordinating and scheduling day trips
for visiting and local families with interactive lessons and a guided
- Coral Camp for Kids Summer Program: Recruiting students, developing
materials, designing schedule and lesson plans, supervising summer interns
- Work special education events throughout the year
- Support operations at the environmental center including designing new
- Budget and fundraising: create budget for activities, materials, etc.,
identify funding sources, assist with grant writing and events specific to
funding the educational programs
- Bachelor’s degree in marine biology, environmental science, education,
or a similar field.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally, nationally to attend to daily
work demands, meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Ability to exert physical effort in light to moderate work involving
lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, crouching, and swimming (snorkeling)
- SCUBA certification
- CPR and First Aid Certified
*How to Apply: *Please send a resume, cover letter, and 2 letters of
recommendations to Reef Relief at reefrelief at gmail.com.
*Education Intern (Fall 2016)*
*September–December 2016 *(exact start and end dates are flexible)
*This internship is unpaid and housing is not provided *
Interns selected will help to organize and staff events, promote Reef
Relief and its programs, present classroom lessons on marine science and
work on marine field projects as needed. This internship is a great
opportunity to gain hands on experience in marine education and
conservation as well as marketing and event planning.
You will become familiar with the following areas:
• Environmental education for children and adults
• Operation of Reef Relief’s environmental center
• Field work in marine conservation
• Planning, organizing special events, marketing,
Applicants must have a degree in marine science or education or be actively
seeking one. SCUBA certification is preferred.
*How to apply:*
Please send a resume and cover letter to reefrelief at gmail.com
For more information on the positions or for a more complete job posting,
email reefrelief at gmail.com
*Reef Relief® is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to improving
& protecting our coral reef ecosystem.*
Phone: (305) 294-3100
Post Office Box 430, Key West, Florida 33041--430
Key West Office: 631 Greene Street, Key West, FL 33040
Facebook: www.facebook.com/reefrelief Twitter: twitter.com/reefrelief
*Do you want to make a difference for coral reefs? With the stroke of your
keyboard, you can. Sign up to join Reef Relief's online community.
It's free, its easy and you'll begin receiving regular coral reef news &
updates on Reef Relief activities.*
*Support clean water. Join the Floridians’ Clean Water Declaration Campaign*
*Visit www.wewantcleanwater.com <http://www.wewantcleanwater.com>*
More information about the Coral-List