[Coral-List] Scholarship Reference For University Student

Brenna Bales bbales27 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 13:57:54 EDT 2016

Dear Coral-Listers,

My name is Brenna Bales and I am currently a sophomore at the University of Miami studying Marine Science and Biology. I am writing an article about the Great Barrier Reef in hopes of winning a scholarship through Axol Science. I trust the scientists and researchers on this mailing list much more than Yahoo News or other media outlet, which is why I am asking for help!  I frequently see emails detailing information about the current bleaching events, however I do not want to quote anyone without their knowledge or consent.

I am looking for brief, factual information about the following:
How much of the Great Barrier Reef is threatened by bleaching?
How many reefs have coral that are partially dead, or dying?
How many reefs show coral in recovery?
Has the GBR historically shown events like this?
How do you see the future of the GBR?

If anyone could send me a comment with their name and however they would prefer me to reference them in my article, I would sincerely appreciate it!

Thank you,
Brenna Bales
Bbales27 at gmail.com