[Coral-List] still some room in our SNP genotyping workshop

Eli Meyer eli.meyer at science.oregonstate.edu
Mon Jun 27 20:33:23 EDT 2016

Hi colleagues,

Many of you will have seen a bunch of talks on RAD genotyping at the recent
ICRS conference.

For anyone interested in learning a particularly cost-effective and
flexible approach for RAD genotyping, there is still some room available in
our annual 2bRAD genotyping workshop. This year’s workshop will be held
September 3rd to 11th on at the USC Wrigley Marine Science Center on
Catalina Island, California.

The goal of our workshop is to train biologists with little or no NGS
experience to prepare and analyze 2bRAD samples for genetic analysis.
Participants will arrive with DNA samples from their own study systems, and
we will prepare sequencing libraries together from those samples as well as
a shared set of samples for a group project.

Participants will also learn to analyze these data using simple command
line tools on a high-performance computing cluster. Altogether, we’ll cover
the process from raw genomic DNA in a tube, to a finished genotype matrix.

Registration costs $1800, which includes room and board (three meals a day,
coffee, and snacks) during the workshop, and also covers enough reagents
and sequencing that each participant can sequence and analyze 10 of their
own samples.

For more information, including information from last year’s workshop,
please see the full posting at the following website:
http://people.oregonstate.edu/~meyere/workshops.html

To reserve your spot, please contact  Demian Willette (
demian.willette at lmu.edu) or Eli Meyer (eli.meyer at oregonstate.edu) with
"2bRAD workshop 2016" in the subject line.

Space is limited! To reserve your spot, please confirm your participation
no later than July 15th and pay registration fee no later than July 31st.

Thanks, hope to see some of you on Catalina this September!

Eli and Demian

--
Eli Meyer
Assistant Professor, Integrative Biology