[Coral-List] POSITION OPENING: Ocean Acidification Internship in the Florida Keys

Ashley Dungan ad1211 at nova.edu
Wed Mar 2 13:35:37 EST 2016

The Ocean Acidification Program at Mote Marine Laboratory is seeking interns for the spring and summer 2016 terms. Our lab focuses on effects of changes in ocean pH levels and other variables (such as temperature and nutrient concentration) on organisms found in marine ecosystems (coral reefs, seagrass, coastal, etc.). Interns will be working with carbonate chemistry, animal physiology, water quality, experimental design and setup of an ocean acidification testing facility. This internship will be located at the ocean acidification testing facility (OAFTERU) in Summerland Key, Florida. College students with chemistry laboratory experience preferred. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, with occasional long hours and weekends. A bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required. We are anticipating filling one position to begin April 2016 and two more for June 2016. Please visit https://mote.org/research/internships to complete an application. It is highly recommended that all applicants also complete the scholarship application as well.

Please note, this is an unpaid internship and housing is not available as our dormitories are undergoing construction. Interns will be responsible for finding their own housing.

For more information on the ocean acidification program at Mote Marine Laboratory, please contact Ashley Dungan: adungan at mote.org<mailto:adungan at mote.org>, or Dr. Emily Hall: emily8 at mote.org<mailto:emily8 at mote.org>.

You can also visit our website: https://mote.org/research/program/ocean-acidification

For inquiries regarding Mote's internship program, please email questions to our intern Coordinator, Gina Santoianni:  gina at mote.org<mailto:intern at mote.org>.

Ashley Dungan, M.S.
Staff Chemist