[Coral-List] coral reefs scatter light like forests

Keven Reed reedkc at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 11:32:37 EST 2016

Dear Doug & Dennis,
     Perhaps one might recall Prof. Iglesia-Prieto's plenary at 2008 ICRS.  The photobiologist used to demonstrate the effect of the stony coral's corallite skeleton as a light trap for the benefit of zooxanthellae, by shining a laser pointer into it.  It's a dramatic demonstration, and I photographed my Euphyllia ancora skeleton with and without red laser pointer to use in coral talks.
Keven

Keven C. Reed in Florida