[Coral-List] Trust peer-reviewed articles rather than the press

Mark Tupper mtupper at coastal-resources.org
Mon Mar 7 08:40:51 EST 2016

Jean-Pierre et al,

The general public is not going to find and read a journal like ICES Journal of Marine Science. Even Richard Dunne’s assertion that the general public gets its scientific information from the national and international press is overly optimistic these days. I can’t speak for Europe, but in North America and in the Philippines, the average citizen gets their scientific information from social media, i.e. Facebook memes, Twitter tweets, and the blogosphere.

Cheers,
Mark

Dr. Mark Tupper, Director
Coastal Resources Association