[Coral-List] 2016 Darwin Medal awarded to Dr. John E. (Jack) Randall

Ruth Gates rgates at hawaii.edu
Fri Mar 11 01:05:14 EST 2016

Dear Coral-listers,

As President of the International Society for Reef Studies I am delighted to announce that the Society has awarded the 2016 Darwin Medal to Dr. John E. (Jack) Randall, of the Bernice P Bishop Museum, Honolulu, Hawaii.

The Darwin Medal is the Society's most prestigious honor and is awarded once every 4 years to an eminent scientist in recognition of extraordinary lifetime achievements in the coral reef field. I am honored to be able to present the Darwin Medal to Jack at the upcoming International Coral Reef Symposium, being held June 19 -24, 2016 in Honolulu, Hawaii. For more information about Jack Randall please see:   <http://hbs.bishopmuseum.org/staff/randall.html>http://hbs.bishopmuseum.org/staff/randall.html <http://hbs.bishopmuseum.org/staff/randall.html>.

Please join us in congratulating and celebrating Jack's selection and his incredible career contributions.

All the best, Ruth