[Coral-List] New digital library for coral reefs of southern Gulf of Mexico

Tunnell, Wes Wes.Tunnell at tamucc.edu
Wed Mar 16 12:55:46 EDT 2016

Greetings Coral Reefers...from Texas,

I would like to announce a new digital library on the coral reefs of the southern Gulf of Mexico and Mexican Caribbean. It was prepared by my former postdoc and colleague Jorge Brenner and his assistant Meagan Murdock of The Nature Conservancy. Although Jorge works on the entire Gulf of Mexico for TNC, he is originally from Veracruz and therefore has a special interest in the southern Gulf and its reefs.

The website is an outgrowth of our book on the "Coral Reefs of the Southern Gulf of Mexico" (Texas A&M University Press, 2007), where we reviewed hundreds of papers covering over 100 years of timeframe in several different languages.

We are happy to provide this library resource for our colleagues and students in the southern Gulf in hopes that it will assist them in their studies and the conservation of the coral reefs there.

You may access the library at http://www.westunnellcorallibrary.org. Users can contact Jorge or Meagan, who are curating the website, by sending an email to the email noted at the bottom of the homepage: contact at westunnellcorallibrary.org<mailto:contact at westunnellcorallibrary.org>. We encourage adding/uploading more recent papers/documents to the website.

Regards, Wes

John W. (Wes) Tunnell, Jr., Ph.D.
Endowed Chair of Biodiversity and Conservation Science
Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies, and
Regents Professor, Fulbright Scholar, and Professor Emeritus of Biology
Department of Life Sciences, College of Science and Engineering
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean HRI 318C, MS 5869
Corpus Christi, Texas 78412
Phone: 361-825-2055
Fax: 361-825-2050
wes.tunnell at tamucc.edu<mailto:wes.tunnell at tamucc.edu>
HRI: http://www.harteresearchinstitute.org<http://www.harteresearchinstitute.org/>
Gulfbase: http://www.gulfbase.org<http://www.gulfbase.org/>

"Life is a journey that's measured not in  miles or years but in experiences"
Jimmy Buffett. A Pirate Looks at Fifty, 1998