[Coral-List] Methods in Ecological Genomics Analysis workshops

Mikhail Matz matz at utexas.edu
Thu Mar 24 11:40:50 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues -

In June 1-14, 2016, myself and my student Groves Dixon are going to teach our lab’s genomics methods (wet lab and bioinformatics) showcased in our recent paper in Science: http://ecogeno.weebly.com/uploads/7/6/2/2/76229469/science-2015-dixon-1460-2.pdf

It is whole-genome genotyping with 2bRAD and global gene expression analysis with TagSeq. More details on the workshop website:
http://ecogeno.weebly.com/

The workshops are designed for seriously minded (as in “I really need this for my research”) but otherwise uninitiated marine biologists, ecologists and evolutionary biologists. You don’t have to be skilled in PCR, gel electrophoresis, Linux or R (although very basic acquaintance with those helps, of course).

If you are interested and you think you might be attending, please indicate so on the workshop’s contact form: http://ecogeno.weebly.com/contact.html
Of course the funding would be uncertain for most people at the moment - that’s OK. First we need to assess the general interest before making further arrangements. Please drop us a note!

cheers

Mikhail Matz
Department of Integrative Biology
University of Texas at Austin