[Coral-List] Ad: Field assistant for catching damselfish

Malin Pinsky malin.pinsky at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 22:53:21 EDT 2016

The Pinsky Lab at Rutgers University is searching for a field assistant for
this spring (2016). We conduct field work in the Philippines catching
damselfish as part of a mark-recapture and genetics study. The fish are
caught using SCUBA and remain underwater near their anemone while
measurements and DNA samples are taken.

We are looking for someone with experience catching individual damselfish
or other small, fast-moving reef fish (e.g., barrier nets and dip nets).
Experience with Pacific reef fish and basic invertebrate identifications is
also preferred.

The field work will start in late April or May and last 6 weeks (exact
dates are negotiable). We will offer a competitive stipend based on
experience, in addition to travel and lodging.

Please pass this message on to anyone who might fit the bill.

Regards,
Malin

--
Malin Pinsky