[Coral-List] International PhD scholarships available at Macquarie University, Sydney

Joshua Madin joshua.madin at mq.edu.au
Thu May 5 20:47:23 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Please forward the this message and link to people you know interested in undertaking a Ph.D. in Sydney,  Australia.

http://www.mq.edu.au/research/phd-and-research-degrees/scholarships/scholarships-for-international-candidates

I would be happy to support applicants looking to work on quantitative coral reef ecology. From previous experience with this scheme, competitive applicants have outstanding undergraduate and Masters grades, at least one first-author publication in a peer-reviewed journal (more the better), excellent references, and some kind of university or society award/prize. Importantly for me, the applicant would have focused research ideas and the initiative and enthusiasm to pursue these ideas independently.

Best wishes,

Josh Madin
http://acropora.bio.mq.edu.au/