[Coral-List] Reef scientists benefit from global change?

Eugene Shinn eugeneshinn at mail.usf.edu
Fri May 6 12:01:11 EDT 2016

Thanks David. I had no idea what this organization was about. I do not
surf these things up.  I just read stuff people send me and make my own
decision about their substance. In this case  I have been seeing
retractions in SCIENCE on a regular basis for several years. And yes
they are usually in the sociology and medical fields. The names of the
authors of rejected articles also tells you a lot. Nevertheless I think
everyone can agree that the whole climate thing has led to an abundance
of funding for coral reef scientists (mainly biologists). Before climate
became an issue (as any reef researcher over 50 can remember) funding
was scarce.  As Doug Fenner has pointed out,(in many words) money and
ego drives just about everything humans do. Its always good to remember:
"its often difficult to separate good motives from bad motives" Gene

--

No Rocks, No Water, No Ecosystem (EAS)
E. A. Shinn, Courtesy Professor