[Coral-List] Sample sharing?

Patricia Himeka Wepfer patricia.wepfer at oist.jp
Tue May 10 05:00:38 EDT 2016

Dear Coral Listers,

I am working on the phylogeography of the coral genus Galaxea and I am trying to get samples from as many places as possible across the Indo-Pacific. I was wondering if any of you would get the chance to pick up some Galaxea on the way at wherever your sampling sites are and share them with me? 1-2 polyps of 3-5 colonies per locations would be more than enough. There is only one taxonomic species  G. fascicularis L. (http://coral.aims.gov.au/factsheet.jsp?speciesCode=0185) occurring over most of the genus range. It's common in both subtidal and tidal zones of the reef and is not threatened according to the Red List. Please contact me if you think you could fit this into your sampling schedule.

Of course I would be happy to return the favour if any of you are interested in certain species from Okinawa!

Best regards,

Patricia