[Coral-List] Observations of current bleaching impacts in Pacific Islands

Mark Eakin mark.eakin at noaa.gov
Thu May 12 11:15:31 EDT 2016

All,

Please watch for an article we will have coming out in this month’s issue of Reef Encounter. It will have a broad summary of the timeline of the current global bleaching event. It will also come out as a web page on http://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov <http://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/> shortly.

I will also be speaking on this at the ICRS next month.

Cheers,
Mark

C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov
Twitter: @CoralReefWatch	FB: Coral Reef Watch

NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction (NCWCP)
5830 University Research Ct., E/RA32
College Park, MD 20740
Office: (301) 683-3320     Fax: (301) 683-3301
Mobile: (301) 502-8608    SOCD Office: (301) 683-3300

“We all know that human activities are changing the atmosphere in unexpected and in unprecedented ways...Together, we have a responsibility to ourselves and the generations to come to fulfill our stewardship obligations."
President George H.W. Bush, February 5 1990