[Coral-List] Personal Care Product Pollution and its Threat to Coral, Reefs

Martin Moe martin_moe at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 09:44:35 EDT 2016

Good analogy, Ulf, If I may take it a bit further... Supposethe tree that bears the branch in question, namely “sustainable development” isthe tree of human civilization, and it has borne remarkable fruit. But withoutcareful pruning, a tree will stop bearing much fruit and eventually break anddie due to the weight of its massive branches. Now if we could just prune a lotmore of some of the branchlets on the major branches of fossil fuels, under regulated and illegal commercial fishing, plastic pollution, chemical pollution, over-development, overpopulation, andmany other biological and chemical assaults on our little world, out tree mayhave a chance to survive and continue to bear fruit.